Jungian Analyst and Director of CWPA
I believe that people have the innate potential to live emotionally satisfying lives and to experience fulfillment in their work, study, relationships and recreation. I have an interactive style using both brief or depth psychotherapy which is both challenging and compassionate. I work with a broad array of persons from diverse backgrounds. Clients wanting their spiritual or lifestyle orientations respected are especially welcome. My post-graduate training includes extensive study at the C. G. Jung Institute in Switzerland and with the Philadelphia Jung Institute. I am Board Certified in addictions and am a Certified Imago Relationship Therapist. I received my Diploma in Analytical Psychology from the Inter-Regional Society of Jungian Analysts.
Because I am trained in a variety of therapies, including depth psychoanalysis, I am able to select a treatment approach which best meets the needs of the client. This client-centered approach creates a climate of safety which supports those with whom I work in making desired change. To read more about my practice as a Jungian Analyst, you may go to www.DCJungianAnalysis.com.
I have lectured extensively in the US, Europe and Asia. I have been Family Program Director at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and faculty at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. I am Director of Education for the Jungian Analysts of Washington Association and a faculty member of and Treasurer for the Philadelphia Association of Jungian Analysts. I am listed in Who's Who Among Human Services Professionals and Who's Who in the World.
I use a psychodynamic or psychoanalytic approach to work with individuals and couples. My specialties include:
- Couples & Marriage Therapy
- Abuse & trauma
- Intimate human behavior, sexuality and sexual satisfaction
- Role or Age changes
- Loss or Grief
Papers & Presentations
- Active Imagination.Philadelphia Association of Jungian Analysts.
- Arthur Miller's After the Fall: A Study in Narcissistic Character. Philadelphia Association of Jungian Analysts.
- The Challenges of Creative Imagination: The Heroic Ego and Individuation. Philadelphia Association of Jungian Analysts.
- From Hell Into Heaven: Individuation, Alchemy & The Synoptic Gospels. Philadelphia Association of Jungian Analysts.
- Margaret Little's Concept of ”Psychotic Anxiety“: A Review with Clinical Elaborations. Philadelphia Association of Jungian Analysts.
- To Oz! Individuation, Finding a Heart, and the Recovery of the Feeling Function. Philadelphia Association of Jungian Analysts.
- Regression in Analytic Psychology. Philadelphia Association of Jungian Analysts.
- Transference-Countertransference in the ”Rosarium Philosophorum.“ Philadelphia Association of Jungian Analysts.
- Ensouling AIDS: The Archetypal Dimension of the LGBT Choral Experience. Inter-Regional Society of Jungian Analysts.
- Imago Relationship Therapy. Course. Jung Society of Washington.
- Working with Complexes Using Active Imagination: Personal and Clinical Applications. Course. Jung Society of Washington.
- Active Imagination and the Transcendent Function. Workshop. Jung Society of Washington.
- Jungian Psychology for Pastoral Counselors. Three Courses. Department of Clinical Pastoral Education, Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
- Healing Narcissistic Character Structure Through Dreamwork, Active Imagination and Transference-Countertransference. Case Colloquium for the Inter-Regional Society of Jungian Analysts. Bounder, CO.
- ”The Red Book“ by C. G. Jung. Presentation to Inter-Regional Society of Jungian Analysts. St. Louis, MO.